Google
 

Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Arizona desert parties over the weekend

Roll da Bass...Bang da Drumz!
4/27/2007
Arrived out at the party location around 9:30pm. The location was very nice, a little far from the city but well worth the drive. The scenery was beautiful and the weather was perfect.
Everything was set up and ready to go by the time more people started to show up. The music and sound was right on key. Redbird and Pac D played an amazing set along with Killah-Ranks, Silent Assassin, and Evol1. Unfortunately I did not stick around for Cruz, Admyer, Quentin, and Wix but I am sure they played a great set as always. The vibe was nothing short then perfect. This was a wonderful beginning to the long weekend ahead.
Field of Dreams
4/28/2007
Arrived at Tumbleweed park around 2pm. There were not as many people there as I thought there would be. The vibe was very welcoming. When I first got there, the weather was a little on the hot side. Around 3:30pm and nice dust storm rolled in and knocked all the shading away from the DJ booth. I decided to leave a little after it started to sprinkle to get out of the weather. I heard nothing but good things from people who stayed until the park gathering ended.
Eye of the Storm
4/28/2007
I helped to set up the party so I was out at the party location around 7pm. We finally had everything set up and ready to go around 9:30pm, a little late but it wasn't too much of a hassle. The sound could have been a bit better in my opinion. There was not much sound and I think two more cabs on each stage would have been a good idea. All DJ's who threw down records did well. I caught a little bit of every one's sets and didn't hear anything I didn't like or approved of. The vibe throughout the night was very welcoming. Even though there was no "parking" lot per say, everyone respected each others cars/trucks etc... I was very impressed with the way everyone handled the parking situation. The weather was perfect. It got a little colder later in the night so Bonn fires were set up. The one fire was a little too close to the stage and vending tables. Luckily nothing caught on fire but next time, please move all fires far enough away from crowded areas. I didn't end up leaving the party until 6:30am. There were still people partying. This is how parties these days should end up.

No comments: