Google
 

Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Review for Philter '07 and Aura: Emerald

Overmind Works and The Mystic Jewell present: Aura: Emerald
I have never been to one of the monthly Aura's so this was definitely a new experience for me. The nice thing about The Mystic Jewell is the VERY relaxing atmosphere and the soothing vibe you recieve when you first walk in the door. With a cover of only $5.00 this is something I will be sure to check out more often. There are places to sit and relax, a beautiful dancing floor with some amazing designs on the floor, and a new crowd of very welcoming people. Keep checking up with the Arizona Rave Scene blog for more information on the next Aura. I highly recommend checking it out.
Picture taken from www.lostinthestarzzz.net
Philter 2007 - Brought to you by Outside World and COH Entertainment
This has to be one of the best themed parties of the year so far. I immediatly felt the vibe as soon as I walked through the door. The visuals and props were nothing short then amazing. The lighting was impressive. The wait to get into the party was close to nothing. I was excited that I did not have to wait an hour or two like the usual Icehouse parties. Security was very friendly and understanding which was very nice for a change. The music was very stimulating. I danced just about the whole night. The set Danny the Wildchild threw down was not anything too spectacular. I did not find too much interest in his unique drum and bass stylings. I did enjoy Pete Smalls "Tour de Genre" set. The flow of the set was as follows - Progressive House -> Tribal -> Progressive Trance -> Breaks -> Trance. There was nothing but full energy coming from the crowd the whole set. Sean Tyas played an extraordinary set as well. I could not keep still the whole time he played out. I did not get to catch Dave Berg's set as I was wandering around the party trying to check out all the vendors and stages. The way they had everything set up around the Icehouse was the best I have seen in awhile. Over all, this was a great party and I look forward to the next coming from OSW and COH Entertainment.

No comments: