Google
 

Monday, April 23, 2007

Neverland and Urban Arts in the Park

Neverland - 4/21/2007
I headed out to the party a bit early to help Justin W out with some of his equipment. When I arrived(around 8:30pm) they already had almost everything set up and ready to go which is always a great sign. The nice thing was they had someone directing cars where to park. When I was out there last time, it was nothing but a huge traffic jam. I am glad to see they had everything organized this time. The only down side was no one really knew what was going on with the stages. Justin and I walked around the party about two times before we finally found someone to tell us what was going on. Once we got everything situated I started to walk around to pass out some flyer's. There was already a good amount of people there and it must have been only 9:00 - 9:15. I met a ton of new faces and everyone seemed to be having a good time already.
I was a little concerned for this party at first. There has been an increase in people ODing at parties. The last couple of parties held out at CowTown were shut down due to either people ODing or the promoter not having all of the correct permits. While I was walking around, I saw some things that made me a little upset. Wouldn't it be common sense to stay away from people who have tags on if you are selling drugs? Another thing that bothered me was this guy who had passed out near one of the shacks in the dirt. I woke him up to ask if he was OK and all he said was he was tired and needed some sleep. Why would you pay $25.00 to go to a party and sleep in the dirt? When I was leaving the party around 2:30am I saw a girl who was being carried out of the party by two of her friends. She had obviously taken too much of whatever she had. PEOPLE - IF YOU ARE GOING TO INDULGE, KNOW YOUR LIMITS
I was at the Breaks/DnB stage most of the night. I heard nothing but the best sets from all DJ's spinning at that stage - DJ Shifty, Robotech, Ill-Legal?, Rex, Excell, MONK - Great job guys. I didn't enjoy Monk's booty house set all that much. His Drum and Bass set was nothing short than amazing. He played some old classics and I don't think there could have been any other way to make his set more energetic.
Sorry to those I missed, I left earlier then usual.
I am glad the promoters took the time to get all the appropriate permits needed to make this a true "bust-free" party.


Urban Arts in the Park - 4/22/2007
I arrived at Papago Park around 4:30pm and there were a ton of people there. I felt the vibe as soon as I walked up to the crowd. It was nice to see so many groups of people joined together having a great time. The food was tasty and the people working all the stands were very polite. There was a mixture in the music so that everyone could listen to something they enjoyed. This was definitely the perfect ending to a great weekend. Much love goes out to the women who put this together. Thank you for a great time. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, Papago Park was definitely fun and a good place for the Urban Arts thing. I think that place could use more parking in general, but a very nice place.

As for Cowtown, I actually got to see the whole venue this time. Last time I went out there, I didnt get past the first stage. The visuals were pretty impressive on the main stage as well, along with the high end gear the sound company provided on the main stage. Coming in for a close second was the breaks and bass stage. That AZ Pro Audio gears sounds pretty nifty...