Google
 

Monday, April 9, 2007

Shazaam 4/7/2007



Shazaam 4/7/2007
I arrived at the party fairly early, I would say around 10:00pm. There was hardly a line to get in. Probably because security was not all that great. I emptied out just about all the contents in my pocket except for a bit of toilet paper, which I thought would come in handy later. The lady who was checking me asked me what was in my pocket, I told her, and all she said was "OK". I could have had anything in my pocket and they didn't even bother to ask me to pull it out to show them what it was.
There were not many lights to light the way throughout the party or at the stages. It really was not very appealing at all. Along with that, there were just way too many stages. Three stages with more sound would have been better then the seven stages with hardly any sound at all. Quality, not quantity.
I was not very pleased with the amount of people who showed up. Maybe it was because of the seven stages spread out along the huge venue but it seemed as if there was hardly anyone there. It was interesting how every stage I went to there were only about 10-15 people up dancing. As I was walking by the main stage there were only 2-3 people dancing while everyone else sat on the ground. That should NEVER happen at a party, especially if the music is good.
Twonz played an amazing set. I was surprised he didn't pull a bigger crowd, there were MAYBE 20 people rocking out to his set. Killah-Ranks also threw down some amazing EVIL tracks along with the producer who threw down after him(If anyone has his name please comment and let me know so I can add it to the post, thanks). Wix, Quentin, and Free-D rocked it as usual. I always enjoy listening to their mixes.
I was bummed out when the rumors started about the party being shut down. Nick Synergy was about to start when he was told to shut the sound off. First it was about some kid who ODed and died, which unfortunately someone did OD. The details on whether he/she is OK are still unknown. The next was the promoter did not have all the right permits. Whatever the truth is, please make sure all people are searched while entering the party for drugs instead of just checking them with a metal detector. We can at least cut down on the drug intake thus cutting the chance of someone ODing at a party and shutting it down.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeah well, I had a funny feeling about this party. Just one of those gut feelings telling me not to go. Kinda glad I didn't now. No one wants to make a long drive to a party for it to seem dead, AND get busted from unfortunate events occurring..